At EM Air Systems Inc. we offer furnace installation and repair as well as duct cleaning services to those in the Greater Toronto Area.
We’d like to remind all our customers that the start of spring is a great opportunity to prepare for the hot summer season. This means performing basic maintenance on your HVAC system. Here are just a few tips that will help you keep cool all summer long!
- Give your air conditioner a test run. Before you actually need to cool your home in the hot summer months, it’s a good idea to give your air conditioner a test run. This way, you can be sure it is in good working order. If you notice any strange noises or smells, it might be time to give EM Air Systems Inc., a call to check up your HVAC system.
- Change the filter. Even if you changed your HVAC system’s filter during the winter, spring is a good chance to check it again. Chances are that a good amount of dust, hair, and other normal household debris has accumulated in your filter.
- Replace the batteries in your thermostat. Some thermostats require batteries to run properly. If your thermostat isn’t powered, you won’t be able to control your home’s temperature, or even get an accurate reading on the ambient temperature.
- Check the seal on all your windows. Efficient heating and cooling isn’t just about your HVAC unit itself. You should also check your doors and windows to make sure that they’re properly sealed. If your home is exchanging too much air with the outside, your HVAC unit will have to work harder than necessary and you home may feel too hot or cold.
- Clear any debris from around your HVAC unit. Not only should you make sure that the parts of your HVAC system inside your home are clean and in good working order, you should also clean and maintain the unit outside of your home. Cut back any grass that has grown up close to your unit and clean it of any tree branches or other debris that has accumulated over the winter. You can also give your HVAC unit a gentle wash to make sure it isn’t dirty.
- Hire a professional to clean your ducts. Cleaning your home’s ducts is perhaps the most challenging part of preparing your system for the summer. To ensure that the air circulating through your home is free of dust, dirt, and allergens, it’s best to have it done. Call EM Air Systems Inc., duct cleaning professional, before the heat strikes.
If you’re planning your annual spring cleaning, contact EM Air Systems Inc. We offer duct cleaning, furnace and AC installation and repair services of heating and cooling systems to those in the Greater Toronto Area.